Monday, June 4, 2012

Twilight...Best Books Ever or Worst Piece of Fiction Ever Written

 

I want to make it clear that I have never read the Twilight books. I try my best not to make judgments, when I don't have all the facts. I have watched some of the first two movies. I didn't like the movies. I thought they were terrible. I couldn't finish more than about 20 minutes of the first movie and watched most of the second movie. I didn't like the fact that they had created such a pathetic female character, especially since the movie seemed geared to teenage girls. The thought of a teenage girl becoming so despondent over a boy terrifies me as a mother of a girl. It wasn't just how she was acting, but it was supposed to be romantic. 
The other main problem I have is a vampire who is over 100 years old going to high school. I am 40 and the thought of going to high school is about as appealing as cleaning the toilets in the NY Subway system with a toothbrush. Plus as a mother of a future teenage girl if a guy in his 30's came after my daughter when she was 17 I would definitely have a sharpened stake in my hand. So a hundred would really push my buttons. 
So here is the thing what do you find so appealing about it. There must be something appealing about it, God knows it has sold enough copies. Explain to me why it is such a good series. On the flip side those in the haters camp let me know why you hate it so much. Tell me your beef. Are they similar to mine or do they go deeper.  No one seems to walk in the middle of the road on this one. 
Let us discuss why.
Electa













No comments:

Post a Comment