Friday, July 27, 2012

Blood, Loss and Self Promotion

I recently did a free promo, giving away 1200 books. It feels weird that I have that many people potentially reading my work. I had such a hard time for so long to let anyone read it and now it is out there for all to see. I have received positive reviews and that has really boosted my sales. I didn't know how important a review could be until one reviewer from the UK read my book and raved about it. She has her own blog and reviews  books all the time. This has bumped up my says immensely. I had never sold more than a couple books in the UK before and now I am almost selling as many there as I am in the states.
It has taught be that when I like or love a book I should share it by writing even a small quick review. Pay it forward as they say. That author has worked hard to entertain me and now I want to repay in kind. Especially for indie authors who have to do all their promoting themselves. So in that vein I am going to do a little self promoting of my own.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Blood-Cassandra-Myles-Series-ebook/dp/B0082ZQF8Q

http://www.amazon.com/Blood-Cassandra-Myles-Series-ebook/dp/B0082ZQF8Q

http://www.amazon.de/Blood-Cassandra-Myles-Series-ebook/dp/B0082ZQF8Q


If you lost everything that made you who you are could you recover?

Would you be stronger than before or would you crumble under the mountain of grief?

When Cassandra Myles is faced with this question her answer is to do what ever it takes to move on. She rebuilds her life and finds happiness once again. She doesn't do it alone, she has two very special men in her life, who have been there for her while she has recovered.
One is her boss. His name is Quintus and he is a very old and very powerful vampire. He took her under his wing when she needed someone and now she would do anything to repay that debt.
The other is her roommate Declan. He is caring, charming, gorgeous and in her eyes perfect in every way except one. Cassandra feels they are meant for each other and Declan feels he is meant for every woman who walks in his bar.
Life might not be perfect, but it was filled with possibilities and she was going to meet them with strength, courage and when all else fails a huge dose of sarcasm.
Then Quintus comes to her and tells her what was once lost can now be restored. A painful part of her past can be undone. Will this make her life complete or should some things remain buried.

This novel contains several erotic scenes that may cause an increased heart rate and other more pleasant side effects. This novel is not meant for a younger reader.



If I wasn’t his best friend I might have called him a slut. He uses his job as a bartender to pick up anything that walks in his bar without an Adams apple. He has never once brought any of these skanks to our home, but he does stay out all night several times each week.  That is why I don’t understand his angry dad routine when I have a platonic dinner with my boss. He was clearly not interested in me. I had made it as clear as I could and still keep a little pride that I was available and he never made one move on me.
Sometimes I just get the cold shoulder and sometimes he loses his mind. If he wasn’t such a sweet guy in every other way I don’t think I would put up with it. I swung the front door open bracing myself for a conversation I had a thousand times already.
“Sorry I’m late Dad. I tried to make curfew.” Maybe if I kept it light so would he.
His moss green eyes narrowed to slits, radiating anger from every pore. “You know for someone who has been through what you have, you’re still pretty naïve when it comes to vampires.”
I wish I had the strength to knock that smug look off his face. My hands formed into fists anyway. “Seriously Declan I am not in the mood for this. You’re like a broken record.”
“I can’t believe you’d trust him enough to let him kiss your neck.”
My eyes widened and I could feel the heat rising in my cheeks. I hadn’t thought of it that way, but if Quintus really wanted my blood he could have had it six ways from Sunday by now. I was alone with him all the time. “That is none of your business.”
I brushed by him to go to my room, but he grabbed my arm. I tried to pull away and it only made him tighten his grip. “You let that corpse kiss your neck and I saw the look on your face. You were aroused.”
 “That is the line Declan and you have so crossed it.”
“Are you fucking him?”
“What do you care?”
He pulled me closer. His breathe tickling my ear as he spoke. “I care Sweets. You know I do. He isn’t good enough for you.”
“You are overreacting. I haven’t had sex with him. Quintus has been nothing but good to me. I am tired of this. You have to stop doing this Declan.”
  “I just hate to see his hands on you. It is very inappropriate for a boss to be all over one of his employees.”
“What do you care Declan you fuck anything that walks in your bar and I hug Quintus good bye and you freak out. Hell you told me once you did your manager on a pallet of beer. So don’t pull that one.”
“Those girls don’t mean anything to me. They are just a means to an end.”
“Wow that is romantic. What a catch you are.”
I couldn’t tell if he looked hurt or ashamed. I hoped it was both. “Don’t be mad, I just want what is best for you.” I was mad at him, but I knew he meant what he said.
“I was hugging Quintus because he has a meeting with Illi. He is pretty sure she is going to lift the geis. So if you want what is best for me then that includes Quintus. He may have finally found a way to get my magic back.” He dropped his eyes to the floor and let go of my arm. I went to my room and gave my door a very satisfying slam. 

I hope you enjoyed this sample and decide to buy. My next Post will be about my other book Russian Pawn so stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment